Monday, June 9, 2008

Why do black men think they all can rap? And girl you will never be a model! Please Believe me.

I know I may not be doing my job as a black woman and litfitin up my race by saying this.... BUT WHY DOES EVERY BLACK MAN THINK HE CAN RAP?? This is whats really blowing me now. Liek I have met so many guys and some where down the line in the series of conversations his budding rap career comes up. Either he makes beats or manages someone or sings or just is a hype man. I can't handle it. If I guy ever wants to get rid of me all he has to say is "listen to my demo." Now I may be a little prejudice because I do radio and meet crazy talentless people all the time. But Im an equal oppurtunist and try to help everyone out. And my brother is pretty known in the DMV (Dc Md Va area) for being on the radio and really connecting good artist up. But it first started out with guys coming at me to get at him. I put an end to that by not dating anyone in the industry.... but now it seems like Joe Smoe from the book store is a got damn rapper. I'm tired of this shit.. there are to many people with songs out getting paid more than teachers and fire men. And I think its bullshit. Oh and we must not forget about the 1 million black guys going to the NBA next year. An upgrade is needed. I blame females for pumping their heads and if you really love him you would try to give him some other options for sucess because you all are only one ligament tear away from food stamps. Please Believe ME! I have dated my share of athletes and I have learned the lessons of that game... never ever ever ever ever ever count your chickens befor they hatch. I am not hating at ALL. I am simply loving. Lving you enough to tell you the truth... you are never gonna be on Def Jam boo boo. You will never get on BET (Scratch that, they let anything on that channel). BUt I want more black doctors and astronauts and trashmen for heavan sakes. Its ok to have regular job, that way you can have a family and ctually be there. I think people and I mean balck people associate "makin it" with selling our souls to the entertainment industry. Has anyone rad Linden Hills.... wake up people.

And ladies you are nto exempt. NOT everyone can be a model. I don't care how flyy you claim to be... because the exact outfit you have on is being worn by three other girls within a two mile radius. And this so called unique style you have is not necessarily unique. If everyone is trying to be different... how do you know what being different really is... and If indeed everyone is trying to be different dosen't that equal being the same? Ladies its ok if you liek that purse from payless becaus honestly I feel like everyone else can have the Jordans, Gucci and Prada.. I will own property. Sorry thats what I consider balling. lol
So boo boo the fact that you have a purse and 3 inch heels on dosen't mean your the next Naomi Cambell or even the next girl in the Old Navy add. I am not tring to kill your dreams I am a firm believer in being anything your heart desries... I just wish you have a plan B,C and F if need be. If you spend all this time chasing material "ballerific" things wou will never enjoy the beautiful things that are free, like love, family and friends.

The trully successful people like Alicia Keys, Knaye West, Jay Z, Bon Jovi, Jill Scott, Missy Elliot, Pharrell.... love their craft and were not drawn to it by glitter and gold, not even by the clay puppet on the screen screaming cuss words... they study and love their craft. Everybody has something. I promise.

No comments: